Brian Dailey’s multi-screen video installation WORDS is the artist’s investigation into the relationship between language, culture, and national identity and the challenges we face in our efforts to communicate key concepts across linguistic boundaries and national borders in the age of globalization. His virtual Tower of Babel is a contemporary turn on the Biblical story explaining the worldwide diversity of languages, a tale with parallels in ancient Sumerian and Assyrian myths. WORDS is the artist’s creative summation of his global experiences, compelling viewers to come to terms with the unstable relationship between language and concept, between interpretation and meaning. Closes Sunday, March 11th.
- Newsletter: Henry Burleigh and the Art of the Negro Spiritual. February 28, 2018 March 5, 2018
- EJ Montgomery Opens at DCAC March 9th. Artist Talk on March 18th March 5, 2018
- Brian Dailey’s “Words” at The Katzen January 29, 2018
- Hirshhorn Features Mark Bradford’s Cyclorama: Pickett’s Charge January 29, 2018
- MAS Board Members Featured at State of the Art/DC January 29, 2018
- Barbara Liotta at the Mexican Cultural Institute January 29, 2018