Woolly Mammoth Theater presents “Nothing To Lose But Our Chains”
The one-and-only Felonious Munk returns to Woolly Mammoth to headline a new show from the creators of last year’s runaway hit, Black Side of the Moon… and this time, he’s put his own life story on the line!
He’s a thought-provoking standup comic, a TV personality, and an all-around good father and man… but he used to be a drug dealer, a convict, and a dangerous-ass mothafucka. Nothing to Lose (But Our Chains) tells the hilarious and harrowing story of how one Black man went from six years in a state prison to a six-figure job in corporate America to a new life as an activist and satirist. Performed by Munk and a cast of Chicago’s sharpest comedians, the latest installment in the long-running partnership between Woolly and The Second City will combine sketch, stand-up, and music to remind us that true freedom comes only from within.
- Newsletter: Henry Burleigh and the Art of the Negro Spiritual. February 28, 2018 March 5, 2018
- EJ Montgomery Opens at DCAC March 9th. Artist Talk on March 18th March 5, 2018
- Brian Dailey’s “Words” at The Katzen January 29, 2018
- Hirshhorn Features Mark Bradford’s Cyclorama: Pickett’s Charge January 29, 2018
- MAS Board Members Featured at State of the Art/DC January 29, 2018
- Barbara Liotta at the Mexican Cultural Institute January 29, 2018